Storageland’s clean modern Yatala self storage facility is just 10 minutes from Coomera along the M1 Pacific motorway. Make the trip you won’t be disappointed. We believe we have the best storage facility in the area and our modern efficient facility means we won’t be beaten on price.
Whether you are a business, household or tradie we offer units in a wide range of sizes and have flexible rental periods starting from one month. We also have undercover storage for cars, boats caravans, trailers etc. Our entire facility is access controlled with state of the art security, fire and ventilation systems. It is clean, well ventilated and has a thorough pest control program.
To help you with your move we have a free courtesy trailer. When you arrive we have a range of handling equipment which will help you move your possessions into your storage unit. We can also provide all your moving supplies from tapes and boxes to covers and bubble wrap.
Call Craig now to obtain further information. 3801 8040.
At Storageland we never ceased to be amazed at the wide range of items we are asked to store. Certainly household appliances are amongst the most common high value items people store with us. Here are a few thoughts on how to best store them so that they will be in tip top condition when you retrieve them.
Refrigerators and Freezers
A refrigerator going in to self-storage needs to be emptied and then thoroughly cleaned inside. First defrost the freezer. If it has an ice maker turn it off and be sure that any water is emptied from hoses. Wipe the drawers and shelving and remove them. It is best to store and move them separately in a clearly labelled box. The fridge should be dried inside before closing and taping the doors shut. Taping the doors makes moving easier and avoids the damage that occurs if they swing open. This of course always happens at the worst possible moment.
Make sure that the inside of your dryer is wiped down and the lint filter is cleaned thoroughly. Vacuum it if necessary. Stop the drum from spinning by putting towels, rags or the like around it. This will prevent it from spinning and ensures the appliance stays balanced while the dryer is being moved. Once again tape the door closed.
Clean your washing machine by running a normal hot water wash cycle with some bleach added to the water. Leave the door open and let the machine dry out completely. Be sure the water supply is off. Remove the hoses at the tap connections then drain and dry them. The tub of the washing machine can also be immobilized for easier moving with towels, rags, etc. Tape the door shut.
Some General Tips
- Always unplug appliances before working on them or moving them.
- All plugs, coiling, wiring, hoses, etc., should all be coiled and taped securely to the inside or outside of the appliances, this avoids damaging plugs and leads and ensures they do not become a trip hazard when you are moving them.
- Many of the appliances will have dust on them. Vacuuming them first before washing them this avoids making more of a mess than you have to.
- If you have kept the original appliance box great! If not make sure any drawers or doors are taped securely to avoid any mishaps while they’re being transported. Your appliances should be wrapped in blankets or bubble wrap for extra protection. We have all the supplies you might need in our store.
- Make sure to keep the owner manuals and instructions for large appliances in a clearly labelled box to be found when the need for them arrives.
- Think about how you move large appliances. They are often heavy and the weight is often unevenly distributed. Think through your lifting, use trolleys where possible, do not strain and watch where you place your hands to avoid cutting and trapping them.