From Pimpama our Storageland’s impressive Self Storage facility is only 10 minutes away. We are located just off the M1 Motorway. Just take the Yatala South exit by the CUB Brewery. Our state of the art storage facility offers safe, secure storage regardless of whether you are a tradie, business or household.
Storage units are available in a range of sizes and can be rented for any period from one month upwards. Our efficient modern facility means our costs are low and we won’t be beaten on price. Storageland also has secure undercover vehicle storage and can accommodate a range of vehicles including cars, motor homes and caravans as well as boats and trailers.
In addition we also offer a wide range of storage boxes and other packaging supplies including furniture covers, bubble wrap, tapes etc. and we will support your move in with a free loan trailer and onsite trolleys for moving your possessions.
Call Craig to discuss your storage needs now. 3801 8040
Here are a few tips which will help you store your belongings in the best manner possible.
Thoughtfully packing your storage unit is the key to avoiding damage. Start by discussing your needs with us to ensuring you get the correct size unit.
- Use bubble wrap for any fragile items. Not only is it reusable, but it is also transparent should you need to find something once it is packed.
- Make sure to fill up the vacant space in your boxes to prevent internal shifting and subsequent breakage. Filler materials are available but crumpled newspaper makes great box filler. If the contents of your box are delicate we have tissue paper available for sale..
- It is smart to clearly label the boxes that include fragile items. Place them in your unit last and make sure you do not put anything heavy on top of them.
- Make sure electronic items are thoughtfully stored. Protect TV screens. Wipe out and drain washing machines and fridges leave doors and lids slightly ajar for ventilation. Take care not to damage electrical cords.
- Place mattresses inside a protector and lay them flat to avoid them becoming distorted.
It is wise not to try and over cram stuff into your unit because this can lead to damage and makes it hard to access items later even so there are many ways to make the most of the space you are given. Here are some:
- If you are storing small or awkward-sized items, use a shelving unit to maximize space. If you don’t have any spare bookshelves handy, check out eBay or Bunnings for affordable shelving.
- Fill the spaces. If you have a dressers or the like, put small items in the drawers.
- Stack according to weight and size with heavy items on the bottom and smaller boxes on top.
- Vacuum seal clothing and bedding before placing it in the unit. This will both protect and compress them.
- Disassemble beds, tables and other bulky items and don’t forget to place screws in a clearly labelled zip lock bag securely taped to the furniture.
- Use your unit’s height store sofas and other such items upright.
Allow Easy Access
Even if you are great at packing and stacking it is still a pain if you can’t actually get to any of your belongings when you need them.
- Make an aisle if you are likely to want to access items from time to time.
- Label every box with the key items that can be found in it. This is much easier than having to open them one by one. If you don’t want this detail written on the box code your boxes and keep a list of items under that code.
- Draw a rough sketch of where you place items within the unit. Put it where you can finds it!
- Place furniture sliders under the heavy items as you unload them. That way, if you need to push things around, it’s super easy.
- Keep a list of everything you load into your storage unit. Not only will this help you with what is where but an itemized list is extremely handy should anything get damaged and you need to file an insurance claim.